The public GitHub repository "pdf-issues" hosted by the PDF Association provides all developers a means of openly reporting errata against ISO PDF related standards for review and resolution by industry and ISO experts. All issues in ISO PDF related standards are important, from minor typos and formatting issues, to larger ambiguous, unclear or apparently contradictory statements. By reaching consensus on resolutions as an industry, PDF interoperability and implementation reliability will be improved.
The current set of resolved errata are presented as
to the published wording in the relevant ISO standard organized by clause number.
GitHub Issue numbers and ISO status will appear as popup tooltips when hovering over changes or inline when printed and refer back to
closed GitHub pdf-issues.
If a small blue ISO logo is also shown , then that errata has been approved by both the PDF Association's appropriate TWG and the appropriate ISO working group responsible for PDF.
- For ISO 32000-2:2020 (PDF 2.0), this means the resolution will be included in the forthcoming Amendment 1.
If a small gray ISO logo is also shown , then that errata has been approved by the appropriate PDF Association technical working group and submitted to the appropriate ISO working group responsible and is waiting for approval.
- For ISO 32000-2:2020 (PDF 2.0), these errata have been technically approved by ISO TC 171 SC 2 WG 8, but do not yet have an identified ISO document.
- If no ISO logo is shown then the errata has been resolved by the appropriate PDF Association technical working group but has not yet been submitted to ISO for ratification.
Due to ISO copyright, only minimal surrounding text from the relevant ISO standard is provided that is sufficient to locate precisely where the resolution is being applied.
Errata in the following ISO publications are supported:
Core PDF technologies
- PDF 2.0 (ISO 32000-2:2020) - Resolved errata
- ISO/TS 32001:2020 Document management — Portable Document Format — Extensions to Hash Algorithm Support in ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0)
- ISO/TS 32002:2020 Document management — Portable Document Format — Extensions to Digital Signatures in ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0)
- ECMAScript for PDF 2.0 (ISO 21757-1:2020) - Resolved errata
- XFDF 3.0 (ISO 19444-1:2019)
PDF/A (ISO 19005) - PDF for long-term preservation
- PDF/A-4 (ISO 19005-4:2020) - Resolved errata
- PDF/A-3 (ISO 19005-3:2012) - see TechNote 0010
- PDF/A-2 (ISO 19005-2:2011) - see TechNote 0010
- PDF/A-1 (ISO 19005-1:2005) - see PDF/A-1 Technical Notes and TechNote 0010
PDF/X (ISO 15930) - PDF for prepress digital data exchange
- PDF/X-6 (ISO 15930-9:2020) - Resolved errata
- PDF/X-5 (ISO 15930-8:2010)
- PDF/X-4 (ISO 15930-7:2010)
- PDF/X-3 (ISO 15930-6:2003)
PDF/VT (ISO 16612) - PDF for variable data & transactional printing
- PDF/VT-3 (ISO 16612-3:2020) - Resolved Errata
- PDF/VT-2 (ISO 16612-2:2010)
PDF/UA (ISO 14289) - PDF for universal accessibility
- PDF/UA-1 (ISO 14289-1:2014)
Other ISO PDF publications
Errata on PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1:2008) and withdrawn ISO publications are not supported. The PDF Association maintains a full list of all PDF-related ISO publications.
Resolutions that are not officially authorized by the ISO working groups responsible for PDF related standards (ISO TC 171 SC 2 and ISO TC 130 WG 2) may be changed. A complete list of all current work in progress of each PDF-related ISO working group is also maintained by the PDF Association.
Last modified: 13 March 2023