The public GitHub repository "pdf-issues" hosted by the PDF Association provides all developers a means of openly reporting errata against ISO PDF related standards for review and resolution by industry and ISO experts. All issues in ISO PDF related standards are important, from minor typos and formatting issues, to larger ambiguous, unclear or apparently contradictory statements. By reaching consensus on resolutions as an industry, PDF interoperability and implementation reliability will be improved.
The current set of resolved errata are presented as
to the published wording in the relevant ISO standard organized by clause number.
GitHub Issue numbers will appear as popup tooltips when hovering over changes or inline when printed and refer back to
closed GitHub pdf-issues.
Due to ISO copyright, only minimal surrounding text from the relevant ISO standard is provided that is sufficient to locate precisely where the resolution is being applied.
Errata in the following ISO publications are supported:
Core PDF technologies
- PDF 2.0 (ISO 32000-2:2020) - Resolved errata
- ECMAScript for PDF 2.0 (ISO 21757-1:2020) - Resolved errata
- XFDF 3.0 (ISO 19444-1:2019)
- PDF/A-4 (ISO 19005-4:2020) - Resolved errata
- PDF/A-3 (ISO 19005-3:2012) - see TechNote 0010
- PDF/A-2 (ISO 19005-2:2011) - see TechNote 0010
- PDF/A-1 (ISO 19005-1:2005) - see PDF/A-1 Technical Notes and TechNote 0010
- PDF/X-6 (ISO 15930-9:2020) - Resolved errata
- PDF/X-5 (ISO 15930-8:2010)
- PDF/X-4 (ISO 15930-7:2010)
- PDF/X-3 (ISO 15930-6:2003)
- PDF/VT-3 (ISO 16612-3:2020) - Resolved Errata
- PDF/VT-2 (ISO 16612-2:2010)
- PDF/UA-1 (ISO 14289-1:2014)
Other ISO PDF publications
Errata on PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1:2008) and withdrawn ISO publications are not supported. The PDF Association maintains a full list of all PDF-related ISO publications.
Resolutions are not officially authorized by the ISO working groups responsible for PDF related standards (ISO TC 171 SC 2 and ISO TC 130 WG 2), and may be changed in future ISO publications. A complete list of all current work in progress of each PDF-related ISO working group is also maintained by the PDF Association.
Last modified: 29 March 2022